3.0

The person I was on the phone with was generally nice and helpful. But I waited for 20 or so minutes for a call back, and then hung up after an 10 to 11-minute phone call.

Wouldn't have been as bad if I could have been able to learn a bit more about what I could do to see about getting it fixed or possibly another form of getting to play the game console that I have had for less than 2 years now.

But unfortunately, no I couldn't get so lucky, and now I either have to tear apart my PS4 Pro to see if I can find a way to fix it that way, or spend 149 to send it in to replace the motherboard to fix a 5 dollar part since the motherboard is fragile to soldering from what I heard, and the final option is just spend 350 to 400 bucks on a new one. Guess I get to play around with the shell of my PlayStation now instead of playing games on it.

User's recommendation: Honestly, Playstations are kinda sucky. Really only one widely used port and that's it.

Preferred solution: I just want to know how I can get my console working again..

Playstation Pros: It has some good exclusives.

Playstation Cons: Lack of video ports, Warranty limit, Hdmi broke seemingly out of nowhere.

Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Comments

#2070993

In general it could be just tye $5 port. It could also be the 75$ HDMI control chip. Best bet is to find a local repair place.

Playstation Reviews